With the start of a new school year upon us, I want to share with you a commitment I’ve made to bring maker education to students. The Maker Promise is a campaign to equip more schools with the resources and support they need to provide quality maker learning experiences for their students. As part of this effort, they are challenging school leaders, educators, and community advocates to sign the Promise, and commit to being a champion for making by developing opportunities for students to learn through making; creating and supporting spaces for making; and showcasing what students make.
As a signer, you will gain:
- access to an online professional development course,
- resources from partners such as Digital Harbor Foundation and the Exploratorium
- opportunities for projects and contests like Digital Promises’ filmMAKER Challenge
- invitations and discounted registration for meetups and convenings, and
- special opportunities and swag related to maker education.
I hope you’ll join the movement and sign the Maker Promise too here.